|Job Ref:||204754589||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:25|
We are seeking a Site Manager to manage a commercial contract located in London. The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing the day to day activities on-site throughout the project lifecycle, working with the Project Management Team to ensure the successful delivery of the project on time and within budget. This is a full-time site-based role, the project consists of Basement Construction off the main thoroughfare ,Steel Frame construction located on a confined site and will also include the full interior and fit-out works.|
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated person who works well within a team and takes ownership of their assigned responsibilities; be hands on with the ability to identify problems and resolve them in as efficient a manner as possible.
To supervise, direct and execute operations on the assigned project to ensure it is completed safely, on time and within budget.
Key Areas of Responsibility
•Management of All aspects of Health & Safety and Quality on site, ensuring compliance with Company Safety Management and Quality Management Systems.
•Ensure any temporary works have the necessary design and are installed in accordance with the design.
•Produce 2-week look ahead programmes for managers, operatives and sub-contractors working under you to ensure that the construction programme is achieved.
•Ensure all operatives have signed a daily safe start, are inducted, have the relevant permit for their works, receive weekly tool box talks and are working to the appropriate risk assessments and method statements.
•Ensure the works are planned out in a logical manner paying particular attention to materials storage, deliveries, plant and traffic movements, craneage and any other site logistics.
•Management of the plant to ensure it is ordered in advance, used efficiently, tracked while on site and off-hired when no longer required.
•Manage labour resources and ensure these do not exceed the labour forecast for the project.
•Ensure all materials are taken off, ordered and delivered to site in advance of any works and in line with the construction programme.
•Ensure all managers/engineers and sub-contractors are working to the latest construction issue information register.
•Ensure that all setting out is done in good time and its accuracy is checked.
•Hold weekly (as a minimum) production / progress meetings with the site team and subcontractors and report to the project manager on progress of works against the programme.
Desired Skills and Requirements
• 6+ years' experience working in the industry.
• Preferably have an engineering background with experience in RC / Steel Frame structures and basement construction.
• Previous experience in Commercial & Residential beneficial.
• Commercial awareness, understanding and ability to meet targets whilst retaining relationships and company values.
• Managing client expectations to ensure new and existing relationships are developed and maintained.
• Have the ability to drive the project forward & bring the project in on schedule and within budget.
• Be highly organised & motivated with good attention to detail.
• Excellent communicator & team player.
• Proven ability to meet targets & get the best out of those working under their management.
• Possess good computer skills. Word, Excel & Microsoft Project experience essential
• Ability to read and communicate drawings and technical details.
Please Note, only candidates who meet the Criteria will be contacted.
This is an opportunity that will suit a professional looking to continue their career who is looking for realistic career progression and a very competitive salary package