|Job Ref:||204755028||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:25|
The Advisory and Programme Delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the Technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting, Education and Healthcare Management.|
Our Transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in three key sectors of Rail, Highways and Aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia and supporting other parts of the Transportation business across the globe. Our vision is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide ranging consultancy as 'credible' and 'preferred' for our existing and new clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
*Job Description (published)
To undertake the role of Senior Estimator for the delivery of major projects to meet defined customer objectives adopting a variety of estimating systems and techniques.
* Achieving the delivery of projects within budget
* Working in accordance with the direction of the Project Manager
* Delivery of projects in line with the customer objectives and contracted scope of works
* Implementing the management of an Estimating team to provide timely estimating support
* Act as the project manager in the context of the company business management system
* Take part in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
* Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports/liaison with the portfolio manager
* Assist in securing new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
* Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
* Assist in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
* Preparation of standard documentation - reports, letters, financial statements etc.
* Preparation of Estimates as required
* Assist with the analysis of business cases, prepare reports at all stages of budget setting
* Assist in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data and prepare and agree final accounts
* Produce financial fee report for post contract review
* Ensuring that estimates are aligned to any programme and risk criteria
* Assisting in developing and maintaining estimate management good practise and upholding high standards within the team in a client facing environment
* Attendance at design team and progress meetings as necessary
* Contract administration as necessary