|Job Ref:||204758058||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£35000 - £55000/annum + Car + Package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:25|
We currently have some exciting opportunities for Quantity Surveyors - Senior Quantity Surveyors for Civil Engineering and Groundworks Contractors in the Southampton area. These clients predominantly subcontract to residential developers across the South Coast yet they also complete the civils and groundworks packages for Main Contractors operating in various sectors.|
Some of the areas these clients specialise in:
• Mass Excavation and Bulk Earthworks
• Groundworks and Civil Engineering Projects
• Road Infrastructure, Highways and 278 works
• Substructure and Superstructure works
• Deep Drainage
• RC Frame works, primarily for residential developments
Typical duties are as follows:
• Planning and Subcontract Procurement
• Bill of Quantities
• Take Offs
• Site Appraisals
• Some involvement in the purchasing of materials
• Chasing Payments
• Cost Reviews
• Final Accounts
- Will be a Quantity Surveyor with at least 5 years' progressive experience in the role, having carried out the typical duties above.
- Will have worked in the above sectors of the construction industry, preferably for civils and groundworks contractors working on residential developments.
- Will be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a relevant commercial discipline.
- Will have a proven steady and stable career with reputable contractors.
- RICS or CIOB accreditations would be beneficial.
If interested please send across a copy of your CV or call Kate on (Apply online only) to discuss current opportunities, thank you