|Job Ref:||204760297||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£25000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:25|
Servest are recruiting for an experienced Area Manager to manage a portfolio of Food and Distribution Centres. We are looking for an Area Manager with a background in cleaning or retail. Hours of Work will be Monday - Friday 05:00 - 13:00 but flexibility during busy periods.|
As an Area Manager day to day you will oversee budgets, meet with the onsite clients and make sure the operation runs smoothly- including rotas, staffing levels, recruitment and HR issues, conducting audits and ordering equipment and supplies. You will also be responsible for the input of wages weekly. You will be travelling around the sites and be accountable for your portfolio. Due to the volume of sites and direct reports you will need to have excellent time management skills coupled with the ability to converse at all levels.
In our Area Managers we need:
* Experienced Area Manager from the retail / cleaning sector who are used to overseeing at least 20 + locations with a team of at least 50 hygiene operatives.
* You will have strong financial acumen and a commercial outlook you be used to providing exceptional service and be ready to adapt to customer`s changing requirements.
* As a manager you will need exceptional people management skills to be able to lead, motivate and train your teams.
* The role is based on the road around sites, with this in mind you will need to be organised with excellent time management and the ability to prioritise.
* Ideally you will have a basic knowledge of employment law with some background in Employee Relations casework.
* You will be used to carrying out performance and quality audits, producing regular reports and be up to date with current H & S legislation.
* You will lead from the front, be hands on and not afraid to get stuck in when needed with the cleaning and training.
* BIFM qualification is preferred but not essential.
Due to the geography of the sites you will need a full driving license.
Area Cleaning Manager benefits:
This position offers a competitive salary plus a company vehicle, fuel card, phone and laptop, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and an auto enrolled pension scheme.
Hours of work are mainly Monday to Friday- although flexibility will be needed in busy periods