|Job Ref:||204760334||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Car and package||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:25|
* Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying or relevant qualification and experience
* Construction Industry experience
* Previous Contractor and Sub Contractor Procurement experience
A leading Principal Contractor and one of the top railway engineering companies in the UK. They are one of the most recognised and reputable names in the industry, with their current Major Project portfolio including a number of the UK's most prestigious railway engineering projects.
Our client is currently recruiting for an Assistant or Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to work with an established team on a number of high profile railway contracts in the Southwest.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on diverse and potentially multi-disciplinary contracts, in an industry that will offer you career growth.
Though prior rail experience may be advantageous, due to the nature of the frameworks experience in all areas of construction will be considered.
Working as a valued member of their project team, you'll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying and play a key role in ensuring they make the optimal margin on their contracts.
You will be involved in all and given the training and support you need to succeed. Aspects of your role will include:
* Procurement of suppliers and sub-subcontractors.
* Compiling monthly/periodically application for payment information;
* Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team;
* Identification and valuation of variations;
* Implementation of change control procedures;
* Measurement of work done and administration of site records;
* Preparation and issuance of contractual notices;
* Provide support with financial reporting for projects;
* Understand contract requirements and assist with contractual correspondence;
* Understanding of risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team;
As the ideal candidate you will have the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
* Degree qualified Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, or similar;
* A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative;
* A team player with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels;
* Ability to interpret and monitor programmes against contractual period for completion dates;
* Above average numeracy and literacy skills;
* An understanding of contractual arrangements;
* T. skills with particular competence in Microsoft Office Suite;
* Seeking long-term career prospects and development;
The opportunity to work on a major infrastructure upgrade project, offering a competitive level of remuneration and the opportunity to develop and advance your career