|Job Ref:||204761123||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:25|
Are you an experienced Buyer? Have you previously worked within the construction industry or similar? Would you like to work for an incredible company who have a £12m turnover and are growing each year? If so we have an ideal role for you.|
Our client can offer you:
A busy role where no 2 days are the same
A friendly, supportive and professional team environment
An expanding, growing, ever improving company Quarterly team nights out; bowling, go karting, canoeing etc Modern new offices and kitchen chill out area with table tennis Free parking
Duties and responsibilities within your role would be:
* Analysing, negotiating and building relationships with suppliers
* Researching, evaluating and buying products for the Company to either resell to their customers or use in everyday operations
* To determine what products get to list on their website and stock on the Trade Counter
* Research and create the opportunities to buy the Companies product in the correct way, and then sell them to customers, or use them to create new materials that they then sell to customers.
* Batch Stock Re-ordering
* Identify slow and redundant stock.
* Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce
* Ensure Stock Takes are kept up to date, liaising with the CFO regarding stock valuation.
* Demonstrate expert knowledge and understanding of the products we sell
* Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
* Work on new supply strategies;
* Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions;
* Organise stock rotation and booking in Goods Received and keeping stock control systems up to date.
* Ensure stock levels maintained to avoid lost sales.
* Being accountable for keeping accurate stock records and keeping stock shrinkage to a minimum.
* Manage the Order Processing Team.
* Working with multiple suppliers to determine the best opportunities for the Company.
* Analyse prices and get the best deals possible.
* Working with suppliers to create the best contracts.
Skills required for this role:
* Proven experience within operational procurement role Preferred CIPS member (Level 3 CIPs Procurement and Supply Operations or above), you will hold a solid track record of purchasing from within a product environment with demonstrable experience of modern purchasing techniques for materials and services.
* Good understanding of supply chain and procurement.
* Understanding of compliance and control requirements.
* Excellent problem solving capabilities.
* Effective communication and team work
* Trustworthy and efficient
The hours of work for this role are: Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5.30pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity in a company that recognises hard work and rewards their employees then this position could be perfect for you.
Please apply today if you have the relevant skills and experience. Our client can interview immediately for the right candidate and Nicola - our award winning consultant can help you with interview techniques. We look forward to receiving your application. Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer