|Job Ref:||204761730||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£42000 - £45000/annum + 15% benefits, which can be cash||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:25|
THE ROLE: PROCUREMENT, ASSURANCE MANAGER|
In our ongoing recruitment partnership with one of the UK's most high-profile infrastructure organisations, we are actively recruiting for a Procurement, Assurance Manager.
This role provides an outstanding opportunity for career development in an exciting and cutting-edge environment. You will be joining a growing team of dynamic, innovative and driven Governance and Assurance professionals supporting the core polices and processes that will be used to procure the works, goods and services required for the delivery of the UK's highest profile transport infrastructure development.
Reporting to the Senior Assurance Manager you will play a significant role in leading both the development and implementation of procurement policy, process and assurance. You will provide guidance to the operational Procurement teams, ensuring both internal policies and procedures as well as external obligations, including EU and UK procurement legislation, are met.
You will be involved in ensuring that the organisation demonstrates compliance with statutory requirements, government policies and also demonstrate fair, transparent, non-discriminatory and value-for-money procurement processes.
• Working within the Governance and Assurance team you will be involved with developing, rolling out and continuously improving core procurement policies and processes.
• You will support this via a "three lines of defence" model
• You'll deliver procurement policies and process training to new starters across the organisation
• You'll support internal and external audits of procurement activities, ensuring any corrective actions are closed out in a timely fashion
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Outstanding knowledge of EU and UK procurement legislation
• Experience producing Procurement policy, process and procedures
• Knowledge of a variety of project management tools
• Experience of delivering multiple projects to tight deadlines
• Strong history of working on large and successful procurement projects
• Strong capability in delivering training and presentations to all levels across a large business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with senior managers and executives
• Demonstrated capability and resilience in new procurement operations / within the start-up phase of major projects
• Demonstrable experience of procurement in the set up and mobilisation stage of publicly funded infrastructure or large scale construction project within the UK
• Hands on procurement experience, procuring works / services / goods at a wide range of values
• Knowledge of working with or for the public sector (including central government)
• Experience of procurement in the private sector would be beneficial
• MCIPS or actively working towards.
One of the UK's most high-profile organisations, who are responsible for the planning and delivery of a major UK infrastructure programme.
If you would like to work in a cutting edge environment then this could be the role for you.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications and often receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. If your application is successful we will contact YOU within the next 7 days