|Job Ref:||204761741||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£42000 - £45000/annum + 15% benefits, which can||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:25|
THE ROLE: COMPLIANCE MANAGER - Procurement|
In our ongoing recruitment partnership with one of the UKs most high-profile infrastructure organisations, we are actively recruiting for a Compliance Manager for the Procurement Governance & Assurance Team.
This role provides an outstanding opportunity for career development in an exciting and cutting-edge environment.
Your role will support the Senior Compliance & Compilation Manager and the wider Procurement Governance & Assurance Team to effectively meet all obligations with internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of the UKs highest profile transport infrastructure development.
You will be joining a growing team of dynamic, innovative and driven Governance and Assurance professionals in a prestigious UK organisation.
* This role will play a significant role in developing and implementing the processes, procedures and policies on pre-procurement activities, leading to evidence based go / no go procurement decisions.
* It will support and manage the compilation of procurement documents for all major procurements across the Directorates and you'll work with stakeholders to meet their requirements and timescales.
* The successful candidate will undertake consistency checking for compliance with agreed standards, key strategies and Governance & Assurance models, Chinese Walls, Conflict of Interest issues and Gift and Hospitality Registers.
* Based on the compliance findings recommendations will be made for training, improvement or escalation based on your compliance findings.
* The role will also play a key part in the delivery of a Conflicts of Interest and Confidentiality programme and you will need to roll out awareness education for induction programmes and as part of an ongoing education for the existing staff.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Demonstrable experience of working in an environment where quality and consistency of documentation has been a business priority
* Track record of implementing organisation wide procurement policies and / or procedures
* Able to demonstrate a pragmatic approach to risk in a large scale programme environment
* Highly effective written communication skills
* Highly organised - tracking actions, record keeping and meeting minutes
* Confident communicating with senior leadership and providing recommendations
* Experience of working in the procurement function of a regulated industry
* Knowledge of Utilities Contract Regulations 2016, NEC3 Contracts and an understanding of the construction industry is beneficial but not essential
One of the UK's most high-profile organisations, who are responsible for the planning and delivery of a major UK infrastructure programme.
If you would like to work in a cutting edge environment then this could be the role for you.
Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications and often receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. If your application is successful we will contact YOU within the next 7 days