|Job Ref:||204757749||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£300/day||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:26|
My client is currently looking for a Health & Safety Manager will assist the Head of Health & Safety in supporting and advising the management team and its operations (projects), assisting with all aspects of Health & Safety. The Area Health & Safety Manager will work closely with the Director Responsible for Health & Safety, Head of Construction and project teams. |
As Health & Safety Manager you will be required to:
• Manage all aspects of H&S in relation to the Regional Operating Company's activities. Act as the focal point and champion for H&S, working closely with the Divisional management team and project management teams, including attending necessary Divisional Meetings as deemed appropriate
• Promote campaigns and initiatives and ensure that appropriate focus is afforded to the wider aspirations set at a strategic level.
• Be familiar with relevant statutory requirements
• H&S Management System to ensure that the projects under their control are in possession of the necessary Health and Safety documentation in accordance with policy and procedures and that they are aware of all current legislation, codes of practice and other relevant literature.
• Provide guidance to Construction + Non-Construction functions
• Provide advice and support and be actively involved in the planning of future works/developments and in particular assist in the letting of works packages and where necessary attend post tender and pre-start meeting with consultants or contractors.
• Visit all projects on a frequent basis to support and advise the site based teams in order to ensure that the highest Health & Safety standards are achieved and maintained. Review project H&S documentation and procedures for adequacy.
• Initiate and maintain positive and pro-active measures to raise the level of H&S awareness and performance throughout all departments of the Division.
• Liaise with the Group Project H&S Assessment team in respect to their site visits and in particular ensuring the close out of any actions arising.
• Ensure that all accidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses are thoroughly reported, investigated and conclusions drawn as to how recurrence may be avoided in line with the 'Accident Reporting and Investigation Code of Practice'.
• Manage contact with Enforcement Agencies (HSE, EHO, etc) where required.
• Ensure that a monthly meeting is undertaken on all projects to review High Risk activities and ensure upcoming works are being suitably planned.
• Provide guidance and assistance with the Divisional training programme in accordance with Training policies.
• Have the authority to suspend work activities on the grounds of H&S.
• Play an active role on a wider basis with H&S department activities.
• Set a personal example of safe behaviour.
• Assist with any other H&S matter as may be appropriate