|Job Ref:||204757597||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Devon||Address:||Post Code:||EX13||Salary:||£32000 - £40000/annum allowance / car - pension, holiday||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:26|
New Build - Housing
Exeter - Devon
A well respected, award winning house builder are looking to appoint a Technical Coordinator to join a well established team, within the technical department. The main objective will be to assist the Technical Manager in ensuring that design projects are delivered efficiently and to programme, whilst achieving targets for both the project and the brief.
The successful hire will be working amongst a close team, directly reporting into the Manager. You will be co-ordinating the management of external consultants who produce detailed working drawings for residential development projects.
- Monitor and review design consultants
- Control the design process - from inception through to planning stage
- Liaise with all excternal contacts: Architects, Structural and Building Services Engineers regularly
- Arrange and chair design team meetings
- Manage consultants and contractors
- Identify build ability issues throughout the process
- Document control and administration duties
- Liaise with the on-site team and contracts managers during the build phase
The successful candidate with be commercially aware and have excellent communication skills with the ability to oversee multiple assignments at once. You will need to be able to liaise with an array of different contacts including - external bodies, authorities and specialists. Being a team player will be essential in this role, you will not be responsible for producing drawings.
Key Technical Attributes Needed:
• UK Building Regulations, CDM Regulations and the Planning process
• Accustomed user of Microsoft Office packages - Excel and Word
- Formal construction or design based qualification (HNC / HND / Degree) preferred
- Background working for a developer or architectural practice on residential projects
We welcome the response from candidates who have previous had experience of working for either a housing developer or main contractor in the new build housing sector. I would also be interested in hearing from more junior candidates who may have been working in an assistant/support or graduate role within technical or design
In return the company can offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package which include: car allowance, pension, performance related bonus, holiday
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000 DOE
Location: Exeter, Devon