|Job Ref:||204757481||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Norwich||Address:||Post Code:||NR3||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:26|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor |
Kier Utilities part of the Anglian Water Alliance is looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor. The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting the General Manager/Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide commercial expertise by working within robust procedures to support the director and operational managers
* Support the project team in all commercial matters
* Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping.
* Ensure timely submission of valuations
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
* Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
* Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
* Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
* Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
* Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
* Assist with the procurement and management of subcontract packages.
* Assist with the internal valuations/VCR/End Life Forecasts.
* Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
* Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
* Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
* Previous surveying or experience of working within a commercially focused environment
* Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
* Literate and Numerate
* Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Willing to undertake training and development when appropriate
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer