|Job Ref:||204756714||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:26|
SHEQ Manager (Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Manager)|
Tiptree, Essex, CO5 0JA
£40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Alexander Cleghorn is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958 by Alex and Winnie Cleghorn; today the company is still very much a family run business, providing a high level of service with a personal touch. We offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels at a quality that is unsurpassed. Furniture components are manufactured on our state of the art machinery which occupies several well-constructed factories on our sixteen acre site.
We are now recruiting a SHEQ Manager (Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality) to join our team in Tiptree, Essex.
As SHEQ Manager, you will report to the Managing Directors and work as part of the larger management team. The SHEQ manager will manage and coordinate work systems to ensure that the products and services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions of the company are favourable and safe. You will be expected to:
Health, Safety and Environmental
* To act as the Competent Person for health and safety matters relating to manufacturing, cleaning and grounds maintenance, across the organisation, as required by the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
* Provide advice and support on safe working practices and safe systems of work to managers and supervisors responsible for repairs & maintenance and to managers responsible for any manufacturing related areas of work so that they are aware of their respective obligations in terms of Health and Safety in the workplace.
* Deliver a robust programme for proactive on-site inspections to check, challenge, support, mentor and guide workers and supervisors in the delivery of safe working practices.
* Advise managers and team leaders on legal requirements and changes in legislation as necessary, ensuring all necessary Health & Safety procedures and guidance are in place and available to managers and employees and that these are reviewed and updated.
* Advise managers on the risk assessments required and ensure that managers complete and review risk assessments appropriate to their area of the business.
* Maintain the COSHH assessment register and provide updates to managers as necessary.
* Produce reports on Health and Safety issues for Managing Directors as required.
* Contact with external professional advisors, partner organisations, contractors and statutory Health and Safety agents as required.
Quality and Compliance
* To prepare and present training sessions and monitor all health, safety, quality and environment training from induction through to specialist courses and report on progress.
* Lead the transition and development of integrated management systems based on the requirements of ISO9001:2015.
* Maintenance and timely implementation of integrated business auditing programme (including quality and environment).
* Provide assistance in the review, preparation, etc. of company processes, procedures and work instructions ensuring that quality assurance is a key part of these processes.
* Lead root cause analysis of preventative and corrective actions, ensuring their effectiveness and satisfactory completion.
* Maintain the defect system including coding whilst leading investigation and report generation.
* Maintain the Certificate of Conformances/Origin process.
* Preparation and presentation of monthly management information e.g. defect, audit reports etc.
* Coordinate preparation of PPAP, FMEA and other customer driven and regulatory requirements etc. for new products.
* To lead investigation and analysis of customer complaints whilst coordinating corrective actions.
* To carry out internal quality audits to the agreed business objectives, report and monitor that corrective actions are completed.
To be successful in our SHEQ Manager role, you will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
Skills / Knowledge
* Knowledge and experience of transition to ISO9001:2015 management system including auditing.
* You will need to take a hands on approach when carrying out this role and be prepared to undertake daily visits to the different factory units.
* Be able to give examples of excellent verbal and non-verbal communication.
* Need to be a strong, assertive person who is good at building and maintaining long-lasting professional relationships whilst ensuring health and safety policies and procedures are never in jeopardy.
* NEBOSH Diploma
* IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
* Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety (MIOSH)
* ISO 9001 QMS Lead Auditor
* You should have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience of working as a Health and Safety Manager.
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment and customers demand for high quality products on every delivery.
SHEQ Manager Benefits:
* 25 days holiday
* BUPA Medical Insurance
If you feel you have the skills for our SHEQ Manager role, please apply now