|Job Ref:||204756696||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:26|
Tiptree, Essex, CO5 0JA
£50,000 to £60,000 per annum
Alexander Cleghorn is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958 by Alex and Winnie Cleghorn; today the company is still very much a family run business, providing a high level of service with a personal touch. We offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels at a quality that is unsurpassed. Furniture components are manufactured on our state of the art machinery which occupies several well-constructed factories on our sixteen acre site.
We are currently recruiting an Operations Manager. You will report to the Managing Directors and work as part of the larger management team.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for working at senior management level to formulate and implement operational strategy across the business. Line managing a team, you will be responsible for staff development and will implement and review high performance plans for all departments to ensure that business operations adapt to industry changes and growth of the company in terms of both headcount and customer numbers.
You will be expected to:
* You will ensure the efficient flow of information between organisation departments.
* Work with Managing Directors and Factory team to ensure on time delivery to customers and fulfilment of company objectives.
* Drive the implementation of the company strategy focussed on process improvement and manufacturing processes to exceed customer expectations, developing a business fit for the future.
* Use the skills, talent and creativity of all employees within the business to drive competitiveness and growth.
* Develop a stable, process focussed organisation that safely delivers every time, on time for the customer.
* Make safety the number one priority, ensuring everyone plays their part in a safe operation.
* Drive the company's "On Time In Full standard" for operations focussing on achieving 100% on time delivery and our aim for zero non-conformance.
* Develop strong collaborative relationships to deliver the best opportunities for the business and individuals to develop.
* Develop and manage customers and build strong co-operative customer relationships.
* Champion a Lean and Continuous Improvement culture ensuring all departments embrace this ethic and deliver quantifiable benefits to the business.
* Embrace new technology and use it to deliver benefits to the business.
* Ensure that new works are managed throughout the entire production process to meet high quality standards and in a timely manner.
* Focus on making the business cost competitive to support the delivery of new work on the site.
* Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
To be considered for our Operations Manager role, you will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
Skills / Knowledge
* The ideal candidate will be resilient, assertive and organised.
* Strong financial experience with demonstrated ability to specify the financial analysis required to support strategic decision making.
* Proven successful project management experience i.e. project values and delivered margins.
* Proven ability to identify issues, develop change strategy and improve overall business performance.
* Proven ability to work on own initiative and being able to add value and change to businesses.
* Proven background in delivering objectives through a team.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish credibility and build influential working relationships with customers and colleagues.
* Ability to develop and deploy a vision that engages people to deliver.
* Customer management and negotiation skills.
* Ideally degree qualified within Business Management or similar qualification, but consideration will be given to relevant experience.
* APMP or Prince qualified Programme Manager.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience at senior management level.
* Demonstrable experience in an Engineering Management, programme management or operations role preferably within a manufacturing background.
Operations Manager Benefits:
* 25 days holiday
* BUPA Medical Insurance
If you feel you have the skills for our Operations Manager role, please apply now