|Job Ref:||204756266||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Shrewsbury||Address:||Post Code:||SY1||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:26|
Shrewsbury, SY2 6LG
Dependent Upon Experience
Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK, in Herefordshire, Northamptonshire, Shropshire and Cheshire with clients nationwide.
Our planning team has over 100 years of collective experience in the delivery of every kind of planning application. We serve a large and expanding client base, across a broad range of sectors - from outset to completion. To support this work we provide in-house architectural services to existing and new customers with agricultural, residential, commercial and development property interests.
Our portfolio of work has grown to such an extent that we are now looking to recruit an additional Architectural Technician to join our established team.
Based in Shrewsbury, our Architectural Technician would work with the planning team to prepare drawings and surveys to be submitted with planning applications. You will be expected to:
* Undertake building surveys and site inspections
* Prepare detailed planning drawings for a range of planning applications
* Prepare working drawings and construction notes for development projects
To be considered for our Architectural Technician role you will have the following skills and experience:
* Understanding of the planning system
* IT & CAD capability
* Ability and confidence in dealing with clients
* A strong character, confident and a good networker
* Flexible and adaptable
Architectural Technician Benefits:
* You will have excellent career prospects and the opportunity to become an integral part of the business within a highly successful and motivated team.
* Competitive salary, dependent upon experience and qualifications, plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme. Any training, professional subscriptions and membership fees will be paid
* A range of Continuous Professional Development opportunities would be provided appropriate for your needs, including external courses, seminars and events, and internal training and 2 internal conferences a year
* Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
* Entitlement of 20 days holidays per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service
* Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
If you feel you have the skills for our Architectural Technician role, please apply now