|Job Ref:||204753790||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:26|
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our engineering services business in London.|
This role is to effectively and professionally manage the design, implementation and Construction management of a Network Infrastructure Package on projects, including procurement, installation, and commissioning. Delivering within budget and programme to the satisfaction of the main contractor and client.
* Familiarise and understand the contract programme and the mode and method strategy
* Represent the company at meetings, promote the correct company image and ensure staff are aware of their responsibilitie.
* Add value to the design process by challenging solutions, methods and techniques where appropriate to improve build ability and reduce whole life costs.
* Manage the trade contractors including the production of working drawings, procurement and performance on site.
* Assist in developing and managing risk and opportunity registers for work sections you are responsible for.
* Ensure all design solutions (where applicable) offered by designers and sub-contractors fully comply with the project documentation and budget strategy.
* Implement correct commercial control of contractors, monitoring pre set budgets together with an understanding of the commercial and financial mechanics of the project.
* Have a clear understanding of the forecasting and reporting process and be able to take ownership of the project specific budgets.
* Undertake line management responsibilities for direct report staff.
* Promote the Skanska safety culture. Ensure that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards and company health, safety, environmental and quality standards.
We're looking for:
* Experience in the installation and integration of Structured Cabling Systems, with a knowledge of material specifications and industry working practices.
* Knowledge and understanding of telecommunications solutions.
* Excellent working knowledge of Optical Fibre Installations.
* Experience and knowledge industry recognised Performance Testing and Commissioning.
* Someone who holds or is able to obtain trade registered qualifications including Site Safety Management Certification.
* Knowledge and experience of IP Security Solutions, including CCTV, Access Control and Lift Intergration.
* CSCS card essential.
Our engineering services team delivers mechanical and electrical engineering solutions to help clients maintain their buildings, to save time, and improve performance. They also provide specialist interior and exterior finishing services, and the latest off-site fabrication and virtual modelling techniques. And, because we create joint ventures with other areas of the Skanska business, joining us means that you could be involved in some of the UK's most iconic development projects.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA