|Job Ref:||204755670||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Worcestershire||City:||Redditch||Address:||Post Code:||B98||Salary:||£50000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:27|
As Project Manager you will be responsible for managing all aspects of our clients projects from contract award right through to agreeing final accounts both with the clients and subcontractors. You will work with the alongside the Commercial Manager to ensure that project costs are correctly forecast and that commercial opportunities are maximised to give the highest possible margin. You will be responsible for ensuring our clients projects are delivered on time and to a very high quality both in terms of the finished project and the service that our clients receive. |
An understanding / like of the museums, heritage and arts sector would be beneficial but not essential.
In your role as Project Manager you will, in no particular order:
- Attend project interviews.
- Produce tender documentation such as tender programmes and Method statements.
- Produce project protocol documentation.
- Arrange and chair internal project kick off meetings ensuring all aspects of the business are briefed on the details of the project.
- Production of Construction Phase Plan.
- Arrange and chair subcontractor and client meetings.
- Record of meeting minutes.
- Briefing of CAD team to ensure drawings are produced to specification and budget.
- Review and approval of all drawings to ensure accurate before issuing to client team.
- Manage the project commercials on a daily basis.
- Assessment of sub contractor packages.
- Negotiating with Sub contractors to get best price on project packages.
- Co-ordination of Packages throughout project.
- Development of project programme from tender programme to fully functioning project programme.
- Compile and issue Sub-Contract order documents
- Set up and manage the project cost / value reporting document (CVR)
- Identify variations to the contract
- Compile variation costs and calculate values to be submitted to the client for approval
- Compile Extension of Time (EOT) claims
- Value subcontractor applications and produce / issue payment certificates
- Produce / issue project valuations
- Agree variation costs with both clients and subcontractors
- Agree final accounts with both clients and subcontractors
- Work closely with internal production department to plan works required on projects.
- Ability to lead an Assistant PM by training them on the job.
- Sourcing of a Site Management team for relevant projects.
- Sourcing of a site team for relevant projects.
- Regular site visits to assess progress and liaise closely with site team.
- Collation of site files and site related documentation.
- Production of O&M manuals.
As a Project Manager you will need:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, integrity, respect for confidentiality, sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Be efficient, detail and quality minded, hardworking, flexible and responsible with a positive working attitude and a willingness to support colleagues.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Relevant training and qualifications.
- A full UK driving licence.
Paying up to 50k + Benefits