|Job Ref:||204521189||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Nazeing||Address:||Post Code:||EN9||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:47|
This is a well established and growing company within the construction arena. There is free parking on site and you also get a day off on your birthday, otherwise normal holiday applies though you have to save 5 back for Christmas shut down. There is free gym membership and dental insurance is being put in place. The atmosphere is excellent with a super Christmas party every year, barbecues and even table tennis on site. Use of a kitchen and free tea and coffee top it all off. Certainly a great place to work. Hours 8 - 5 with 1/2 hour lunch.|
The role will see you working with the Managing Director and some of the varied duties you will perform are shown below as are the prerequisites for the job:
Minimum 5 years of checkable experience in quantity surveying in at least one of the following areas: installation of assembled metal structures (balconies, balustrades etc), installation of cladding (pressed metal product such as copings, flashings etc), curtain walling.
The type of duties will likely include:
* prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
* undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
* assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
* perform risk, value management and cost control;
* advise on a procurement strategy;
* identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks;
* prepare and analyse costings for tenders;
* allocate work to subcontractors;
* provide advice on contractual claims;
* analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports;
* value completed work and arrange payments;
* maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
* understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
It would be ideal if you also had some knowledge of contractual law, nice to have but not essential.
If this sounds like the right permanent role for you then please send in your CV without delay