|Job Ref:||204760970||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stoke on Trent||Address:||Post Code:||ST1||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Bonus + Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:49|
Field / Infrastructure Engineer - 3rd Line Support + Projects |
We are looking for an experienced Field Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer /3rd line support engineer who has significant experience of Microsoft / Windows and vmware. You will be involved in working both internally on escalated technical support enquiries, and on project based work, both remotely and on client sites (travel all within 30 miles, no overnight stays etc). You will be involved in working closely with management to direct IT efforts to improve overall efficiency / service delivery and be involved from anything to troubleshooting to full server build and installations.
Key Skills (not all essential):
* Fault finding (able to show experience and ability to resurrect a dead server)
* Infrastructure management (understands how an entire site fits together from installing network printers to port forwarding and address mapping on firewalls)
* Networking skills
* MS Server 2012/2008 - ideally have experience of installation, administration, deployment and management of multi-server networks / enterprise servers
* VMWare - ideally able to install, troubleshoot and administer multi-server environments
* Experience working with enterprise Servers and storage arrays or comparable hardware
You should also have the ability to solve complex problems. Any relevant certifications, i.e. ITIL, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, VCP would also be beneficial (although not essential!)
Full driving license is essential for the position.
Excellent working environment with a growing company. Generous basic + excellent benefits. Please apply now, interviews are taking place soon!
Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd line support, techncial support, infrastructure install / implementation engineer, Desktop Support, Microsoft, Windows, vmware, server