|Job Ref:||204760610||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Taunton||Address:||Post Code:||TA1||Salary:||£300 - £350/day||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:49|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Tester to work within Central Government on a contract basis. The position will be based in Taunton for an initial 6 month contract offering up to a maximum of £350 per day LTD company.|
Due to the nature of the client, candidates with a current SC Clearance are highly desirable.
The main activities are to:
• Using a variety of testing techniques ensure that all code is rigorously tested to a the highest quality
• Using Behavior driven development techniques create acceptance tests working closely with other members of the development team.
• Using Visual Studio create manual and automated tests using Spec flow
• Take an active role in agile software development events, such as daily scrums, scrum sprint plans, service review etc. Exemplify appropriate behavior for a Scrum tester, influencing others to do the same.
• Conform to the best practices used within the team for testing software; which can include Manual Testing, automated testing and continual delivery practices.
• Conduct reviews of specifications, product backlogs etc. in order to provide feedback on technical issues and create work estimates.
• Be part of evaluations and reviews of testing methods, tools and standards.
• Autonomously support existing applications,
• Document all work in accordance with agreed UKHO standards
• 5+ years testing experience ideally within a .Net Environment
• The ability to pick up new technologies quickly and apply them to business problems
• Experience of Manual and automated testing, these are an essential part of our quality assurance.
• Experience working as part of an agile team using Scrum, Kanban or similar recognized agile methodology
• Experience of creating and working from design documentation
• Experience of behaviour driven development
• Experience of Spec flow, Gherkin and cucumber tools
• Experience of Team Foundation Server and or Microsoft Test Manager
• Experience of wide range of testing techniques such as Rapid Software Testing, Exploratory techniques & Integration testing.
• Ability to read and understand code - especially C#
For any queries please contact Jennifer Barrett on either NA or