|Job Ref:||204760174||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury St Edmunds (outskirts)||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:49|
A impressive IT Managed Services business in Bury St Edmunds are looking to appoint a new Network Engineer to support their client base of local business. |
Working alongside a small but dedicated team of technical support professionals you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Design and implementation of small business networks including switches, routers, firewalls and security.
• Design and implement client hosted and cloud solutions.
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Office 365, virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft Hyper V.
• Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system.
• Maintain in-depth product knowledge of the company service offerings.
• Understand clients needs and relay this information to Sales.
• Provide technical specifications for a quote or proposal and prepare accompanying materials.
Experience in the following is essential:
• Microsoft Windows XP-10
• Microsoft Windows Server (Apply online only)
• Domains and Workgroups
• Small Business Server
• Office 365 and Azure
• Exchange 2003 - 2013
• VMWare and Hyper-V
• TCP/IP Networking
• Broadband and Wifi Routers
• Managed Switches and VLANS
• Wifi Access Points
• Network security including Antivirus and Anti Malware
• Disaster recovery and business continuity
Personal attributes and skills:
• Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Aptitude to plan and co-ordinate
• Excellent customer facing skills
• Proactive and persevering
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
• Highly organised and able to prioritise
• Self-motivated and able to take initiative
• Flexible - willing and able to take on new activities, technically and commercially.
• Ability to work independently (unsupervised when required) and as part of a team
• Ability to learn new products and network technologies quickly, often without the focus of formalised training
This is an office based role which will include travel within East Anglia to client sites and some planned out of hours and emergency cover