|Job Ref:||204760086||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£450 - £600/day||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:49|
Big Data Engineer - Software Engineer|
Java - Big Data - Cyber Security - Security Cleared
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented Big Data Software Engineer to join a global security company at their office in Gloucester.
You will be working on innovative cyber security projects in a rapidly growing environment.
What will you be doing?
* Designing, developing and maintaining a suite of innovative cyber applications.
* Supporting the team in Scrum/Agile development, software design, requirements analysis and conducting research & development on new software technologies
What experience should the successful Big Data Engineer / Software Engineer have?
* Experience designing and developing innovative software solutions
* Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
* Strong skills in Java and object oriented design
* Keen to learn a broad range of big data technologies
* Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki's
* Experience with good DevOps approach and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
* Experience with or interest in Model Driven Architecture
* Experience in NoSQL database technologies; such as OrientDB and MongoDB
* Experience in Distributed database technologies such as Apache Accumulo and Elastic Search
* Experience in some of the following frameworks and technologies: Apache Camel, Apache NiFi, Hadoop, Apache Spark, REST, Selenium, Kibana, jQuery and Bootstrap
* Experience of UK Government working practices
* Experience working within an ITIL based service delivery environment
Please note, to be successful in this role you will be required to already hold or be eligible to go through the process for DV level security clearance.
If you feel you have the right experience for this position, please get in touch ASAP for consideration.
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas