|Job Ref:||204759617||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£24000 - £34000/annum + Company Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
CCNA 2nd Line Network Support Engineer - Sheffield - £24/34,000 pa|
Datacom Recruitment are currently leading the search for an experienced CCNA Qualified 2nd Line Network Support Engineer to work for a global IT Managed Service provider based in Sheffield. You will be working predominantly with Converged Infrastructure and will be reporting directly to the Infrastructure Technical Support Manager forming part of the technical Support team based in Sheffield. You will be responsible for providing 2nd line technical services to their service customers of converged infrastructure technologies typically routing, switching, security, wireless and data centre products, in line with business standards and processes.
This is a full time permanent position and is an exciting oportunity to join one of the fastest growing and highly successful global players in IT delivering Managed Services to over 10,000 organisations and governments worldwide. The working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between the core hours of 09.00am - 05.30pm. We are looking for candidates who are CCNA certified as a minimum and can demonstrate good technical and troubleshooting skills.
Purpose of the Role:
To deliver 2nd line technical service to support and managed customers (typically routing, switching, security and wireless products), in line with business standards and processes. The role is primarily focused at pro-active and re-active activity to ensure continual service delivery and improvement to our customers.
* Utilising experience and evolving technical ability to bring about resolution of technical issues and queries from customers relating to the company portfolio
* Performing as an integral member of the Technical Support Team providing 24x7x365 service to Services customers
* Management of information relating to customer incidents or service requests, and the effective communication of progress of such events, to customers, colleagues and 3rd parties.
* To deal with customer requests in line with Service definitions and SLA's
* Undertake personal training and development in line with departmental needs and in line with Personal Development Plan agreed with Line Manager
* To work effectively and productively with all IT Services business units and 3rd parties to bring about timely resolution of technical issues
* At least 2 year's experience, working with converged infrastructure products in a technical capacity.
* Professional interaction at all levels (i.e. customer-facing, inter-departmental, third parties).
* Technical knowledge and exposure to at least one of : routing and switching, security, wireless and/or data centre technologies
* Cisco certified to Associate level (CCNA) or other vendor equivalent qualifications
* Effective time management skills & ability to prioritise workload
* Self-motivated and keen to develop on a technical development path
* Strong customer service, communication & interpersonal skills