|Job Ref:||204758458||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
a fantastic opportunity to join a great software company"|
A growing, successful and fun place to work that will challenge you and enthuse you. This Software development and web company are growing and moving forward due to the quality of their work, their ability to really understand their clients needs and their client relationship management skills, which leads to repeat work again and again.
This growth means they now need a new Project Manager to continue with this success.
The purpose of this role is dual:
- Ensuring that software engineering resources in the business are planned and allocated effectively
- Engaging in a collaborative customer journey that is a positive experience, committed to ensuring projects business benefits are delivered in line with both customer and business expectations
• Engage with the project's key stakeholders, ensuring that each stakeholder understands what their contribution needs to be in a timely fashion and communicate how they will deliver their area of responsibility.
• Take responsibility for driving projects forward throughout all phases of the project lifecycle.
• Maintain awareness of project Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies and support the communication of status changes with the team and wider stakeholders.
• Collaborate internally with sales and technical colleagues to ensure new developments are practicable
• Negotiate project costings in liaison with Business Analysts and technical colleagues
• Manage and maintain project documentation products and provide regular project updates to stakeholders
• Take an active role in coordinating, documenting and delivering client training, with support from the technical team
• Coordinate the project process and act as the link between business development, scheduling, the technical team and Account Managers
• Produce regular project progress reports for internal teams and client stakeholders
• Organise and lead regular project review sessions.
• Take responsibility for projects being delivered on time and on budget
• Assess, organise and prioritise all work requests that come into the business
• Work with the business in developing and maintaining internal traffic systems
• Plan, forecast and provide transparency to the business on resource capacity
• Maintain records relevant to scheduling in the business CRM system
• Manage and deliver dashboard meetings
• Provide financial analysis of project income and expenditure, and present a forecast of what will be billed based on current contracts and scheduled work
• Monitor and report on developer project hours, identifying any discrepancies or shortfalls Behaviours and qualities
• Analytical with attention to detail
• Personally organised and focuses on delivering on individual, team and company commitments
• Demonstrates sensitivity and possesses the ability to manage effectively the organisational tensions that necessarily co-exist between stakeholders
• An influencer - demonstrates personal 'presence' and gains the confidence of others through temperament, capability and calibre
• Manages external relationships for the benefit of the companies reputation and success
• Works autonomously, taking ownership for personal and team delivery and outcomes
• Continuously develops and applies professional technical knowledge to drive excellent organisational performance
• Works collaboratively and supportively with colleagues across the organisation
• University education or equivalent industry experience
• Minimum of 3 years project management experience working in the software delivery or web design industries
• Experience of managing projects using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Demonstrable experience of data analysis
• Commercial awareness with regard to costing of projects and their business impact
• Prince II or Agile project management qualification
• Experience of working in a small team
• Experience using Jira
Apply now to find out more and to be considered for this great opportunity