|Job Ref:||204756826||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Camden||Address:||Salary:||£65000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
* Is your experience in OO programming second to none?
* Looking to work for a world-leading company in their market?
* Capable of creating amazing web applications from scratch with your team?
If the above sounds like you, then this Software Developer position may be perfect for you. Working for one of the world's leading academic publishers, you will work collaboratively with your team, deisnging and building a number of web applications that will be used by millions worldwide. Strongly focused on a Kanban/XP methodology, this role will have you coding in your strongest popular OO language, while making used of all the tools in your box to ensure that any problems are dealt with effectively and promptly.
What will this company offer a skilled Software Developer such as yourself?
* A starting salary of up to £70,000, working in central London for a world-leading publisher, in an environment geared towards making your life easier
* A company that does away with conventional hierarchy in favour of collaborative working between some of the brightest and best in the industry
* An iterative approach to release means your work will go live to millions of visitors from around the globe in seconds
What are they looking for in you?
* Proven experience in at least one popular OO language- ideally Java or Scala, but if Python or Ruby are you game, they'd still love to hear from you
* Knowledge of tools such as automated testing, relational/NoSQL databases and transport protocols will help you greatly to slip seamlessly into this role
* Show what you know- if you are passionate about what you do, and can always pick the right tool for the job, then you will get on great in this Linux/macOS environment
* If you embrace Agile, particularly Kanban and XP, this company will embrace you, with a continuous delivery toolchain that gets products up and running as painlessly as possible
Daily duties will include:
* Creating web applications and services that that offer the best possible experience for the millions of worldwide users that rely on them
* Collaborating with BA's and UX designers to coordinate research, understand the requirements and provide the best applications in the business
* Working closely with every member of the development team in a diverse and informal working environment geared towards your success
If this sounds more and more like your dream role with every line, don't wait around: apply now