|Job Ref:||204756816||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
* Are you an expert across the stack who finds joy in DevOps?
* Are you the sort of person to not stop until the problem is fixed?
* Do you regularly contribute to Open Source communities?
If you're the person who answered "Yes" to all three questions, then this DevOps Engineer role may be perfect for you. Working for one of the world's largest online-only retailers, you will be working with their custom systems on a daily basis, ensuring these systems are always available and on top of their game. If you're a pro when it comes to CI/CD, config management and VCS tools, who can write Bash scripts worthy of a Pulitzer Prize, then you could be the best DevOps Engineer this company has seen!
What will you gain from this DevOps Engineer position?
* A starting salary of up to £65,000, working for one the real game changers in their market
* Working with ground-breaking tech on a regular basis as part of a team who are as passionate about software as you are
* Offices based in leafy Hertfordshire ensure you will enjoy every minute of your day, with great rail links to central London
What are they looking for in you?
* Expert knowledge of CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, config management in the form of Chef or Puppet, and version control with Git, Mercurial or SVN
* The ability to make informed decisions- you know when to write a great Bash one-liner, but likewise know when not to!
* Fluent with Linux and at least one dynamic language- we're talking Python, Perl or Ruby ideally- and with experience of the Cloud, i.e with AWS or the Google Cloud
Your day-to-day duties:
* Designing and implementing their build and deployment systems, environment and infrastructure, improving every possible aspect while ensuring automated restoration of versioned configurations to deal with any unexpected problems
* Constantly improving and fixing systems to ensure they are available 24/7- this means failover or self-healing set-ups, as well as introducing automation as and where needed
* Grow this company's DevOps practice by bridging development, Ops and QA, staying up to date with the newest technologies and tools and contributing to the Open Source communities yourself whenever possible
If this is the dream role for you, don't waste time- apply now