|Job Ref:||204756598||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucester||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
About the role...|
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our rapidly growing Cyber Innovation Centre Engineering Team, contributing to developing mission critical applications and systems as part of growing team working alongside world class partner organisations.
• Requirements elicitation and decomposition with the customer and the wider Raytheon (including Partner) teams;
• Use Case capture and validation;
• Defining requirement compliance and acceptance criteria prior to system and component sign off;
• Maintaining requirements traceability;
• Systems level detailed design;
• Researching and resolving system design issues;
• Provide interpretation of requirements and design into the component design and implementation;
• Conduct Trade Studies between different system/component solution options;
• Validating design documentation from partner teams;
What we are looking for...
We have a number of positions available from Graduate to Lead Engineers, so we are interested in speaking to candidates with all levels of experience in the following areas:
Essential Skills / Experience:
Currently hold DV clearance or has the ability to gain the clearance
• Experience as a Systems Engineer in software intensive programmes covering the Full Engineering Life Cycle from requirements decomposition to acceptance and customer sign off
• Definition of requirements via use case modelling
• Requirements management
• Demonstrable experience of model based systems architecture/engineering (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF)
• Understanding of the complexities in design and implementation of large scale information systems
• Ability to take responsibility for technical aspects of a project, and work closely with project management to deliver to time, quality and cost.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
• Understanding of definition and implementation of system performance metrics
• Data Modelling
• Technical management of partners and subcontractors
• Integration and Testing of large scale systems
• Information Security Engineering and associated UK government standards
• Experience of Business Change programmes and
• Knowledge of Business/Service process modelling and toolsets e.g. MooD Salamander
• Knowledge of Rational Software/Systems Engineering toolsets (e.g. DOORS)
• Knowledge of Service Management under ITIL principles
• Working within an Agile / SCRUM /Devops delivery model
In addition, you should display the following key behaviours:
• Ability to work closely with others in a small team.
• Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Contribute ideas that promote innovation.
• High degree of initiative and flexibility.
• Willingness to travel if required.
• Willingness to obtain and maintain a UK Government Security Clearance.
• Willing to learn.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good time management, organisation and prioritization skills.
About Raytheon Cyber Security...
Raytheon UK opened a Cyber Innovation Centre in the West Country in late 2014, which offers an opportunity for an eclectic range of roles to work in a highly dynamic environment alongside some of the world's leading experts in the cyber security and intelligence fields.
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers' critical infrastructure from the most complex threats.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
What we can offer you...
On-going development, with formal and on-the-job training, alongside the following benefits:
• Annual bonus + for this division an additional bonus for gaining and maintaining the highest level of government security clearance
• Early finish on Fridays (37 hour week)
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible Benefits; such as buy/sell holiday, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Gymflex and more
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success