|Job Ref:||204756296||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Soho||Address:||Salary:||£11700/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
Reporting to the Technology Manager and working across all departments, from theatre calibration to file transcoding, media distribution to archiving strategy, the individual who is successful in their application would have been exposed to a number of technologies prevalent in the post-production industry.|
Attitude and application will be of the utmost importance, as will the ability to interact with our close knit team. Ideally the candidate would have 2 years Digital Cinema experience, 2 years Production IT experience and a background in related IT areas including software development, with a working knowledge of encoding and editing systems and industry standard audio tools.
As an Apprentice Systems Engineer your responsibilities include:
- Maintain the network/storage infrastructure throughout the building.
- Telecoms` (AVAYA) and e-mail administration (Mimecast/Exchange).
- Document workflows within a CMS for internal use and future development.
- Securing the internal production network to adhere to strict industry policies.
- Emergency/out of hours contact should the need arise.
- Data I/O.
Schemes including Cycle to work, Phone and Personal computer.
What experience and skills do I need?
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
Therefore, you`ll have the following skills and/or experience in:
- Network implementation and design experience; Ethernet, FCoE, Fibre channel.
- Exposure to VM and cloud based computing.
- Workstation/server configuration/maintenance
- Working knowledge of Windows/Linux file permissions hierarchy.
- Experience with RHEL/CentOS 5+6, Windows 7, 8, Server 2008/2012.
- In depth knowledge of industry encryption and security standards.
- Knowledge of secure SAN environment e.g. SNFS/CXFS.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Electronic delivery mechanisms and workflows.
- Digital Cinema Mastering - workflows and toolsets.
- Editorial/Transcode and Broadcast file based workflows.
- Software development team management.
- Scripting languages/web hosted services - Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Office IT administration.
- Hardware and software engineering.
**Please note - as this is a level 4 apprenticeship, we can't progress candidates forward if they hold any of the following qualifications: Undergraduate / Masters Degree, HND / HNC or Certificates of Higher Education.**
Your Accelerated training programme
Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level 4 IT Apprenticeship scheme. We provide the fastest award-winning industry training and certifications with on-going support - all with the ultimate goal of securing a long-term IT career.
During your two-year programme, Firebrand provides residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our accelerated training means you'll achieve training with partners like CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills into practice within a professional working environment. When you complete your programme, you'll have enough industry-recognised qualifications for a great career in IT. You'll be registered by the British Computer Society (BCS) to the Register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 24 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation.
This company is an equal opportunities employer who values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status