|Job Ref:||204755441||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greater Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||BL1||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
CCA Are currently on the market for a Software Engineering for one of our BPO clients in the Manchester area. The Software Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership for the implementation of new technology, system software, and software applications involving multiple systems/components. |
Typical tasks include requirements analysis, design, development, testing, debugging, troubleshooting and modification of complex software products and applications.
Essential Functions/Core Responsibilities:
• Analyse (and sometimes create) software requirements, modification requests, and problem reports
• Research and design software solutions to address new requirements and modification for existing systems
• Develop, test, and integrate software components
• Troubleshoot problems reported by other developers, test organizations, or customers
• Participate in creation of software documentation for internal and external customers
• Work closely in a development team; also regularly cooperate with other professionals such as product management, project management, graphics professionals, technical writers, etc.
• Continually update technical knowledge and skills
• Actively participate in architecture and high level design of software solutions and system platforms
• Mentor other developers regarding software development best practices, software development life cycle, new technologies, tools, and secure coding practices
• Investigate new technologies and methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented business environment.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership with focus on continuous improvement.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong customer service disposition and sense of professionalism.
• Solid understanding of the organization's business operations and industry. Demonstrated business acumen.
• Good communication skills required, including ability to prepare and present results of research and analysis, verbally and in writing.
• Very strong knowledge and experience with applicable programming languages, software frameworks, database management systems, operating systems and development tools.
• Experience in all aspects of software development lifecycle, current software development techniques and methodologies
• Preferred experience with secure coding industry practices
• Demonstrated ability to deliver quality software components/products on time
• Demonstrates superior problem solving / analytical skills and good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Takes initiative to maintain and increase technical knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Technical skills - essential
• Java (1.6 or later) and jUnit
• SOAP and RESTful Web services
• XML, JSON and HTTP
• Relational Database
• Unix (command line and shell scripting)
Technical skills - desirable
• Postgres Database
• CCXML, VXML and SCXML
• Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and automated testing
• Knowledge of telecommunication (e.g. IP Networking, IMAP, SMTP, SIP/SS7)
• Scripting languages (Ruby, Python)
• Issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA)
• Source control tools (e.g. Subversion)
• Knowledge of Virtualisation (VMWare and/or VirtualBox)
• Knowledge of Vagrant, Packer, Puppet, Docker or similar