|Job Ref:||204755042||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wilmslow||Address:||Salary:||£13000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
Permanent position working for an established Managed Service Provider based in South Manchester/Cheshire. Requires a 1st line support Analyst. The role is to provide IT support to a large customer base as well as internal staff.|
Candidates will ideally possess experience of providing 1st line remote support within a Service Desk or Helpdesk environment, where you have supported Windows Operating systems. However candidates that are seeking their first career opportunity within IT will also be considered but must have worked within a customer service role for at least two years previously.
What you'll be doing as a 1st Line Support Analyst:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email, electronically or in person
- Diagnose and resolve technical faults with hardware and software related issues
- Triage all new Incidents and Service Requests logged with the Frontline service desk
- Log all helpdesk interactions
- Assign problems to correct resource
- Morning checks.
Schemes including Cycle to work, Phone and Personal computer.
What skills do I need?
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- Experience working in a customer facing role, preferably within a call/contact centre.
- A keen interest in technology and the willingness to learn.
- Experience working in a 1st line support role, primarily concentrating on triage and basic technical support
- Excellent customer service skills and a professional telephone manner are essential in this customer facing role.
- Problem solving with an analytical mind-set.
- Excellent team player, develops and maintains positive working relationships with others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates a `can do` approach.
- Ability to prioritise support issues.
- A genuine interest in corporate computer technology and the ability to study independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Prioritise and manage work queues
Your Accelerated training programme
Firebrand offers a unique Level 3 IT Apprenticeship scheme. We provide the fastest award-winning industry training and certifications with on-going support - all with the ultimate goal of securing a long-term IT career.
During your one-year programme, Firebrand provides residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our accelerated training means you'll achieve certifications with partners like CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills into practice within a professional working environment. When you complete your programme, you'll have enough industry-recognised qualifications for a great career in IT. You'll be registered by the British Computer Society (BCS) to the Register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Future career prospects
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 12 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you may have the opportunity for a permanent position