|Job Ref:||204754329||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£400 - £500/day||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
Digital Technical Architect|
* CV Submission Deadline: 07/10/2016 15:00 Hours
* The Maximum Daily Pay Rate: £525 Ltd
* Location: North East:Stella House, Newcastle
* Minimum Security Clearance Level Required: BPSS (Disclosure Scotland)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving millions of users; Work with product managers to understand user needs for new and existing services; Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers, and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders; Identify key API requirements for integration with internal and external systems; Lead development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems; Ensure system architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points/APIs, to deliver a high quality user experience.
Additional qualifications required for this role
* Significant experience in Authentication and User Validation services
* Experience and knowledge of developing product roadmaps, backlogs and measurable success criteria, and of writing user stories, i.e. can establish a path to delivery for breaking down stories
* Experience and knowledge of organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts aligned to the GDS principles of delivery of projects
Key tasks and deliverables
? Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and on-going improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving millions of users.
? Principle work package will be the BSA's authentication and user validation service, which is intended to be used by all external customers accessing the latest digital services.
? Preparation of technical architecture documents for GDS assessments, and where required participation in GDS assessments
? Lead the rapid development of user-driven prototypes and end solutions to identify technical options and inform architectural approaches, working with colleagues and supplier team members to write tests, code and documentation for new and existing systems.
? Provide assurance to ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are designed, architected and thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
? Innovate where possible in line with the BSA's digital strategy keeping up to date with new and emerging technologies and apply when appropriate.
? Advocate for delivery of projects using Agile, open source technologies, collaboration and design principles.
* Fully conversant in the 18 GDS Digital Service Standards
* Preparation for and participation in GDS Assessments
* Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing complex software systems, i.e currently engaged in architecting and building high-volume digital services and deployment into cloud based platforms
* Use and implementation of modern front end web programming techniques and frameworks, such as HTML5, CSS3, REST, JSON, AngularJS, Bootstrap; and Web programming frameworks such as Django, Ruby on Rails, Scala / Play etc
* Experience and knowledge of working with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
* Designing and implementing scalable and robust approaches to caching, security and databases (including relational, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, and "NoSQL", e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
* Transitioning from a waterfall/legacy environments to agile/digital cloud environments.
Senior Contracts Consultant
IT Security - Networks & Infrastructure
Interaction Recruitment plc
24b Lands Ln, Leeds LS1 6LB
T:(Apply online only) | M:(Apply online only)
Hot 100 Winner 2010 - UK's Number 1 General Recruiter