|Job Ref:||204754237||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Date:||08/10/2016 03:50|
Front End Web Developer|
My client is a leading provider of regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Through intelligent automation and optimisation, my client's customers are able to improve their approach to risk management, gaining the agility they need to have a competitive advantage. As well as bringing immediate and urgent solutions to their customer's needs.
My client is now taking the next step in its growth and opening a Technology Centre in Birmingham. This will be a new purpose built office where we will develop the next generation of the client's products. This is a great opportunity to join a growing "FinTech" company and industry leader in the financial services industry. The centre will boast modern facilities and will support a collaborative and creative working environment.
We are looking for a Web Developer responsible for building web-facing 'front ends' to our application suite. The Web Developer will be expected to be fully proficient in the full web development stack, strong experience of working in an Agile environment and be committed to quality. The candidate should be structured in the way they work, able to manage their own priorities and able to perform their own analysis into any problems as they occur. Ideally the candidate should have experience of working on modern, responsive web application(s).
Main Role & Responsibilities
* Develop front-end web interfaces against server-side APIs, with high fidelity to provided images and/or wireframes
* Meet technical output requirements and applicable standards including test coverage.
* Liaise with the technical architects and the Project Manager to ensure that the software meets delivery time frames and architectural vision.
* Deep understanding of relevant technical skills, coupled with desire to be up-to-date with the latest trends and tools
* Understand and seek to understand further the business requirements.
* Work cooperatively with user experience designers where appropriate.
* Support QA testers and amend defects throughout the project lifecycle
* Proficient with a number of modern web toolkits: Angular JS, React JS, Bootstrap, Foundation ZURB, jQuery, etc.
* Experience working against server-side APIs: REST (JSON), Java EE (EJB, CDI)
* Bit Bucket (git), JIRA, and CI build tools: Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo
* Experience with TDD, BDD, Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Lean), JUnit, TestNG
* Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure
* Working knowledge of Java and Java web servers, e.g. JBoss EAP 6
* Experience with server-side rendering frameworks: JSP, JSF, CDI, Primefaces
* Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities (XSS, CSRF, etc.) and how to avoid them
Please visit our website (url removed)