|Job Ref:||204761170||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Southwark||Address:||Salary:||£65000 - £70000/annum great company benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:12|
Senior Engineering Manager / Fleet Engineer / Public Transport|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fleet Engineer based in our client's Head Office in south-East London.
The successful candidate will work closely with the company Engineering Director to effectively manage all Engineering aspects and activities of Fleet.
You will be managing Procurement and Purchasing of 6 Public Transport depots in order to deliver a consistently reliable, safe, high quality and punctual service in line with specified targets, contractual obligations and commercial objectives.
Key accountability include:
* Run and review daily reports to monitor lost mileage, spend and compliance and discuss issues arising with Engineering Director and engineering managers.
* Work with 6 Depots' teams and Engineering Managers of to ensure compliance in all areas and improve reliability across the fleet.
* Monitor DVSA, FTA and HSE activity across the business and investigate issues arising. Keep up to date with the latest legislation from DVSA, FTA and CPT
* Maintain in-house software system as required and work closely with FSS to resolve outstanding PO issues.
* Engaging with the appropriate Stakeholder and Supplier contacts, representing the Company at all relevant external meetings in a constructive and professional manner, in line with UK and local communications plans and strategies
* Engage with and promote good communication with Operations, Performance & Finance Teams
* Manage Engineering projects including attendance at project meetings and leadership meetings to update on progress.
* Undertake depot visits and site audits to ensure compliance.
* Sign off new vehicles including checking build spec and quality, feeding back issues to factory on defects found, attending manufactures service meetings and managing campaigns and fleet upgrades
* Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade
* Will carry out all of their duties in accordance with, and working to uphold, the company values
* To fit our team you must be genuine, professional, inclusive and proactive.
Desired skills and experience:
* Robust professional management experience in a large organisation, combined with outstanding end to end leadership and team management skills to achieve high standards of performance.
* An ambitious and driven personality. Highly motivated with an exceptionally good work ethic; flexible approach to working hours.
* Possesses appropriate engineering qualifications
* Able to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external staff. Able to provide clear and concise feedback and guidance to promote staff confidence in decision making
* Skilled in strategic thinking and forward planning to avert problems before they occur and solve problems when they occur
* Competitive salary
* Contributory pension scheme and life insurance.
* Free travel on all London Buses / Underground / DLR and Tramlink for 2 persons
* Company reward scheme - There are over 1,500 retailer discounts
Please submit your application by way of a C.V. and covering letter with details of your experience, knowledge and suitability for the role. Closing date for CVs - 18th October 2016
Retinue Solutions is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Retinue Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy