|Job Ref:||204761166||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£20500 - £24500/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:12|
We are seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join our client in Plymouth! Our client has been established for more than 30 years' and specialises in marine fuel receipt, storage and delivery. They have over 2,000 kilometres of fully functioning pipelines and are committed to the safe storage and issue of petroleum products. Due to an increasing workload they are now seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join them in Plymouth on a permanent basis.|
As the selected Mechanical Fitter you will be responsible for conducting routine maintenance checks, corrections and tasks. You will find faults and repair them on the plant and on equipment, as well as performing regular maintenance. You will check and calibrate instruments to ensure they are accurate and be responsible for carrying out quality inspections.
* Respond immediately to equipment breakdowns
* Fix faults and arrange for replacements to be installed
* Assemble mechanical components, making use of machinery and tools
* Operate as part of the team for the receipt and issue of POL products
* Undertake training provided, including confined space training, compressed air breathing apparatus, atmosphere monitoring meter and rescue equipment and procedures
* Experience working in a similar role, with supporting qualifications
* Experience working with CMMS or similar maintenance workflow process
* Strong technical skills, including fitting, welding, rigging and pipe fitting
* Proficient use of computers, including software such as MS Office and Lotus Notes
* Fully familiar with permit to work system and isolation procedures
This is a brilliant opportunity for a confident and competent Mechanical Fitter to join our client on a permanent basis in Plymouth! The ideal Mechanical Fitter will be flexible and willing to work on the on-call rota, as well as paid overtime. Our client offers a competitive salary for this role, with excellent opportunities for progression.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Ashley Clarke on (Apply online only) or email and quote 3091AC, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below