|Job Ref:||204760985||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:12|
Alex Tosney at CK Engineers is recruiting for a Technical Services Manager to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding company with an expanding portfolio of products. |
The salary on offer for this vacancy is dependant on experience and will be discussed on a case by case basis.
The main purpose of the Technical Services Manager role will be to provide technical and operational expertise within a supply chain environment to support the Supply Chain and Technical Services goals.
Further responsibilities of the Technical Services Manager role will include:
• Regularly reviewing the strategy for the technical support of each of the Independent Associate Companies (IAC's), Joint Ventures (JV'S), Licensees and third parties.
• Assist in ensuring appropriate Technical processes are developed and implemented at each of the IAC's, JV's, licensees and third parties across the European Region.
• In conjunction with the European Business Development Managers and cross functional teams, is responsible for ensuring efficient and appropriate technical due diligence is carried out, including audits, related to the manufacturing, quality testing and distribution of potential in-licensed products.
• Ensure that both IAC manufacturing and third party Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs) have the technical requirements needed to produce the specified products.
• Work in conjunction with third party CMO's, develop and manage the technical relationships for non company products.
• Responsible for maintaining an appropriate level of knowledge in the Supply Chain team for all product platforms, to allow the efficient and effective commercialisation and due diligence from the following development streams
• Ensures there are the correct relationships and communication streams with the JV's, IAC's and CMO's at the appropriate technical levels.
• Provide technical guidance, management support and expertise to the Licensees and IAC's in the areas of:
o Facilities and Equipment
o Logistics and Distribution
• Provides technical guidance and expertise for:
o Manufacturing improvement projects in each of the IAC's and JV's
o In setting the manufacturing equipment strategy for each of the IAC's and JV's
o Reducing the cost of products by improving yields, reducing factory losses, and improving process times and cycle times.
o Development of technical processes such as Process Validation
o Problem Solving
• Inputs into Risk Management Plans carried out by the Supply Chain teams supporting the SCTC supported regions
• Manage technical pipeline and life cycle management processes including New Product Introduction.
• Ensure timely and competent technical evaluation and investigations are carried out for complaints and recalls.
In order to be considered for this Technical Services Manager role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Experience of working with external manufacturers
• Continuous Improvement
• Pharmaceutical experience or a similar regulated industry
• Working on new product development
• Broad experience of diverse technologies
• Experience working with medical devices or biologics is a distinct advantage
• Strong communication skills are essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing pharmaceutical business within an expanding team based in Cambridge. Our client has a flexible benefits scheme.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ENG37285 in all correspondence