|Job Ref:||204760507||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Saint Ives||Address:||Salary:||£33000 - £40000/annum Car, Bonus, Pension||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:13|
Industry: Engineering |
Job Title: Market Development Manager
Job Ref: LK16-3624
Job Start date: ASAP
Commutable from: St Ives, Peterborough, Cambridge, Huntingdon, Northampton, Leicester, Norwich, Midlands, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Colchester, Derby
Job Type: Permanent
Salary range: £33-40K
Salary benefits: Car, Bonus, Pension
We have been retained by our client, looking for an experienced Marketing Manager with a mechanical & technical engineering bias to develop & explore client audience for their established product portfolio. EXPIRES 11/11/16
Job Overview: Our client are looking for a Market Development Manager to cover the UK, - they are a global automation solutions company specialising in the design and manufacturing of bespoke plastic welding and component joining equipment. For this exciting position we are looking for applicants with a mechanical engineering or technical equivalent qualification & background, who can interpret technical drawings and have had good experience or strong understanding of marketing bespoke, special purpose or ancillary equipment & applications for the Plastics, Plastic Assembly or Paint / Assembly / Coating markets. This role will suit candidates who have been or currently in the role of Technical Sales & Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, Technical Manager, Product Manager or Product Development Manager. A Marketing Executive may want to take the next step of their career with this role if they have a minimum of 5 years within a similar role.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITHIN PLASTICS RELATED ENGINEERING, IDEALLY INJECTION MOULDING.
Through a combination of experiences, our client has developed into an Advanced Plastics Application Engineering Solutions Provider that has a comprehensive applications' understanding of:
• Plastic injection mould tool design
• Mould tool maintenance
• Plastic injection moulding
• Plastic injection moulding materials
• Plastic assembly processes
• Plastic surface painting and finishing
We are looking for a Market Development Manager to maintain relationships with distributors, customers, and sales team members to ensure the future success of our company. The role is to increase company's UK customer base and get new revenue, whilst at the same time maintain relationships with our current customers. This person contributes to the long-term organisational strategic goals, builds long lasting customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The Market Development Manager can expect regular overnight travel. As with most externally focused sales positions, the individual in this role should expect that a large percentage of their time would be spent outside the company. This individual needs to be flexible with extending hours and days of work, when necessary, to meet the needs of customers and associates at the company.
The Market Development Manager will play a key role in the future direction of the organisation and development of strategies. These strategies will support 1) continued profitable growth, 2) diversification outside of the current concentration in the automotive segment and, 3) expansion of core competencies. The individual in this role reports to the MD. The specific responsibilities include:
• Identifying new opportunities through building relationships, getting leads from referrals, networking, attending trade shows - setting up appointments and getting new businesses
• Getting new appointments with customers and presenting possible solutions
• Ability to work across different sectors: automotive, electronic, and pharma.
• Developing a rapport with new clients and provide support that will continually improve this relationship.
• Managing accounts
• Hands on approach to problem solving. Some electrical but more mechanical aptitude is essential.
• Assistance if and when necessary to support company engineers during equipment commissioning.
• Set up and demonstrate portable equipment to prospective clients.
• Organise, manage and attend up to four UK based exhibitions per year.
• Occasional overseas travel - Central Europe etc