|Job Ref:||204760425||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£31543 - £39429/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:13|
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Graduate Automotive or Mechatronics Engineer to join their team, offering a salary and bonus package in excess of £43,000, plus excellent benefits. |
As a Graduate Automotive or Mechatronics Engineer you will be expected to work with your supervisor to build personal development and learning plans to increase your knowledge of diesel engine and aftertreatment performance, system integration, software and controls, and performance validation technical areas.
You will support and participate in the definition of core engine and aftertreatment performance requirements, down selection of engine technologies and control systems to meet performance requirements, and ensure completion of an engine performance validation program, to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality and serviceability.
In this role you will apply engine simulation tools to engine design and performance development by working closely with the technical experts in the team. Your work will directly influence the engine design and development and tool improvement decisions.
This role will support issue resolution to existing products, facelift projects on existing platforms, and validation process improvements and planning on new engine platforms.
Key Responsibilities of the Graduate Automotive or Mechatronics Engineer
* Create new simulation tools and representative physical and empirical models for the optimisation of engine and aftertreatment performance
* Continuously learn and develop within the role, working with technical experts and through training
* Support technical objective generation and the requirements cascade of the control system and engine calibration. Including the creation of projects for Calibration and Software teams
* Support a small team to identity and triage performance issues
* Partner with customers to execute joint performance validation test plans
* Education of S/W new content and emerging issues to field follow engineers and customers
* Work with technical experts to generate and validate system level, thermodynamic or 1-D gas dynamic models
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
* Process improvements and new process development in response to current and future customer needs
Qualifications and Experience required for the Graduate Automotive or Mechatronics Engineer role
* Bachelors or Master's degree in an accredited Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic, or Control and Systems Engineering degree plus engineering experience. A relevant doctorate degree in engineering ideally with engineering experience will also be considered
* Excellent communication skills. Ability to work remotely with internal, field follow teams and customers around the world to draw consensus on path forward
* Ability to review (limited) data and draw conclusions and give direction in a timely manner
* Multi-task and effectively prioritise numerous simultaneous projects
* Ability to work and respond quickly under pressure
Qualifications and Experience desired for the Graduate Automotive or Mechatronics Engineer role
* Experience of Mathworks, Matlab and Simulink
* Experience of simulation modelling using GT Power, AVL Boost, Ricardo Wave highly desirable
* Dynasty or equivalent 1-D modelling tools
* Knowledge of machine operation and applications. Preferably experience within a machine business unit
* Performance & Emissions and controls knowledge. Preferably experience of engine calibration and software
* Customer facing experience. Preferably internal and external customers
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately