|Job Ref:||204760330||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£19.00 - £24.08/hour Ltd rate||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:14|
We are seeking for a Procurement Manager with strong industrial / manufacturing/ production background to support the procurement, specification, inspection and control of materials and engineered goods for a Division in well established and very busy research site. |
Based on the southern Outskirts of Oxfordshire, Culham Science Park is within easy reach from A34, M40, Oxford, Didcot, Reading, Wallingford, Wantage etc. The Client offers competitive rates of pay, an opportunity to work in a modern, purpose built building with high-end technology and an opportunity to work hard and be part of a supportive and forward thinking team.
As a Technical Procurement and Materials Manager it is essential you have strong engineering / technical background and can identify suitable buyers, offer advice and support to Development / Operations engineers. To be successful in your new role, you must be able to interpret engineering drawings and have experience in arranging and monitoring tendering processes.
Supporting the whole Division, this role manages the specification, procurement, inspection and control of materials and engineered goods. The role will also give general support managing the deliveries and work areas.
* Procurement Control Plans
* Identifying suitable suppliers
* Works with development engineers and operations engineers to understand critical requirements and advise on supply options
* Arrange and monitor tender process
* Raising purchase requisitions for RACE engineers
* Liaising with suppliers to ensure items are supplied both to specification and on time
* Tracking and expediting
* Controlling goods-in processes for RACE including goods receiving, managing inspection of bought items, and materials control on site.
* Keep accurate records of inspection certificates
* Manage non-conformances
* Manage inventory
* Maintaining good working relationships with suppliers
* Supplier visits and specification management
* Maintenance of goods-in and stores areas. General building management support. (20%)
Requirements for the applicant:
* Engineering/manufacturing background, familiar with engineering specifications and materials
* Familiar with QA inspection techniques - dimensions and tolerances
* Knowledge of engineering workshops and manufacturing processes and technologies
* Knowledge of Manufacturing and Constructability Assessments, Value engineering, Design for Manufacture, Rapid Prototyping, Assembling sequencing
* Experiencing in negotiating supply of manufactured items from fabricators
* Experience with inventory management and tracking
* Experience with MRP based procurement systems and inventory control systems
For full job spec and further discussions please call NA / apply via the website or send your details over