|Job Ref:||204760236||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Extensive Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:14|
I am working with a client who are looking to recruit a Project Manager to be based within their Liverpool office. |
The Project Manager will provide commercial and technical management of projects within the office, ensuring that projects show a profitable result and you will also provide support and guidance to junior team members.
You will be responsible for:
• Providing technical, managerial and marketing support as required.
• Commercial and technical management of projects within the office, ensuring that projects show a profitable result.
• Proactive management of scope and budgets for the overall project and all its constituent parts.
• Plan and resource all required activities to ensure project delivery to target.
• Co-ordinate the activities of all project team members to meet milestones and deadlines - planning and managing resources both internally and those of sub-consultants.
• Directly manage and direct more junior staff as appropriate.
• Assist with writing proposals and preparing fee bids.
• Develop strong relationships with existing Clients.
• Manage regular project communications with Clients throughout the project.
• Provide support to the project team as required.
• Undertake project work as required including preparation of:
• Designs for maritime and associated structures from initial concepts to detailed designs. Sketch drawings and details for CAD drawings by others checking and reviewing these prior to issue.
• Checking and reviewing of calculations produced by others.
• Specifications, bills of quantities and assistance with contract documents for construction projects.
• Providing sound management judgement and advice.
• Monitor costs and report on potential over-runs, agreeing increases/add-ons as appropriate.
• Monitor progress against plan and take appropriate action to ensure compliance.
• Undertake risk assessment and contingency planning.
• Ensure all project managers are regularly updated on the progress of the plan and any changes required.
• Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the
• BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering
• Competent user of Microsoft Project and business software
• Track record of management of major projects
• Good communicator (written and verbal)
• Professional experience in delivery of engineering projects
• Experience in commercial aspects
• Chartered or approaching Chartership
• Overseas experience
• Engineering degree
My client are offering a competitive salary plus a range of benefits. Their contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes. They also offer a discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy