|Job Ref:||204760036||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Cheshire||Address:||Post Code:||SK9||Salary:||£33000 - £40000/annum Car||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:14|
Reporting to the Commercial Manager. The purpose of the role is to assist in the delivery and governance of commercial services to the CEH contract in a manner that achieves both value for money for our client and sustainable shareholder value consistent with the contract, tender and agreed processes in the spirit of mutual trust and co-operation. Ensure excellence and best practice in the support of the commercial elements of the CEH Contract and ensuring excellence in the engagement and management of the supply chain, contract management and governance. To ensure the recording of subcontract liabilities onto Causeway Project Accounting and to assist the timely production of the monthly application.
* Processing of costs on Causeway.
* Processing of Subcontractor liabilities.
* Agreement of NEC Option A & C Task orders final accounts.
* Control of costs against Target Costs.
* Identification and processing early warning and compensation event claims.
* Review and processing of subcontractor applications for payment.
* Maintaining of accurate cost and value records for the works to present to management and to support applications to the client.
* Maintaining an assessment of commercial risks through the duration of the works.
Skills and Experience:
* Ability to operate the CPA System.
* An understanding of the contract with the Client and its application.
* Ability to conduct effective negotiations with both the Client and Subcontractors.
* An understanding of the principles of measurement within the Highways Maintenance environment.
* Experience of tender and procurement processes.
* Experience of schemes up to a value of £5m.
* Understanding of cost management systems and ability to learn the Causeway Project Accounting system.
* An understanding of Term Maintenance Contracts and their application under the NEC terms and conditions.
* Previous experience of actual cost / target cost contracts would be beneficial.
* An understanding of the principles of measurement within the Highways Maintenance environment