|Job Ref:||204759674||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Camberley||Address:||Post Code:||GU15||Salary:||£37000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:14|
Industry: Manufacturing / Plastics |
Job Title: Production Manager - Nightshift
Job Ref: LK16-3560
Job Start date: ASAP
Commutable from: Camberley, Farnborough, Aldershot, Guildford, Farnham, Reading, Basingstoke
Job Type: Permanent
Salary range: £excellent package
Salary benefits: To be discussed at interview
Role: We are working exclusively for our hi-volume plastic injection moulding manufacturing partner, seeking an experienced Production Manager with a good production managing bias within injection moulding environments.
Expiry date: 31/10 / 16
Our client are a manufacturer of a wide portfolio of plastic injection moulding components for various applications across Defence, Industrial, Safety Critical & Automotive markets and are looking for a skilled Production Manager for their busy nightshift managing a 30 strong team. We are currently interested in receiving applications from production & manufacturing professionals with good production, process, planning & people leadership skills. Coupled with great communication skills, a strong and affable personality with proven expertise in developing, nurturing & getting the best from their people / teams, this is an exceptional Production Manager role for an enthusiastic and driven individual. Essentially you must have a minimum of 4 years served within a Production Manager or Manufacturing Manager role in a hi-volume production environment within a preference of plastic injection moulding component production OR hi-volume plastics manufacturing. This role will suit an aspiring Production Manager OR Manufacturing Manager, or a seasoned Production Supervisor looking to take the next career step.
Guidelines of role:
To take responsibility for the efficient and effective daily management of the manufacturing and warehousing facility to the Company's quality standards, ensuring working practices meet health and safety standards and legislation.
To manage production resources to meet the JIT production schedule, materials control, production planning, performance management and development of production personnel.
To accurately control stocks, improve factory efficiency / organisation and general standards. To develop the Company's manufacturing strategy including capacity increase and cost reduction initiatives through the continued implementation of the Company's lean manufacturing programme.
• Set and manage the master production schedule and all resources to meet the JIT schedule including works orders, machine maintenance, uptime, downtime, raw materials, consumables and overtime
• Responsible for recruitment, performance management, training and development of labour resources in line with business needs
• Achieve and maintain a clean, well organised factory environment which meets, as a minimum, legal health and safety requirements.
• Implement the Company Health and Safety system in the manufacturing environment
• Purchase and call off materials / consumables to meet weekly production schedules
• Liaise with Sales teams to provide production and supply information to enable them to provide excellent customer service
• Proactively identify and implement improvements to working practices and manufacturing processes in conjunction with the Company functional heads using lean manufacturing techniques
• Manage and reduce all aspects of production waste
• Manage the stock control systems within the business and maintain accurate stock records
• Ensure all products are manufactured to agreed specifications / quality standards and comply with quality system and Factory Production Control System
• Manage power requirements and utilization
Role & Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute sound policies, plans, and procedures for machining, mould building and injection moulding, including, but not limited to, the areas of staffing, scheduling, inventory planning, manufacturing operations, plant safety, and product quality.
• Supervises operations staff, supervisors and manufacturing leads.
• Assesses capacity requirements from company plans.
• Manages the manufacturing staff through manufacturing supervisors/leads.
• Assures production output meets all applicable quality requirements.
• Collect required data, validate & analyse data in order to identify root cause of quality deficiencies.
• Plans and supervises activities in the manufacturing area.
• Facilitates identification of problem areas (e.g., bottlenecks or increased errors due to manual intervention) and recommends areas as focus for process redesign and automation to promote effective, efficient and economic business practices.
• Ensures assigned staff are qualified and appropriately trained for assigned work.
• Ensures an effective performance appraisal process is maintained.
• Working with internal resources to establish, maintain, and monitor processes and procedures ensuring high quality and efficient operation.
• Promotes actions consistent with professional and ethical behaviour.
• Keeps supervisors/leads informed on all significant matters which he/she and members of his/her staff must know to effectively manage their areas of accountability.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Key Words: "injection moulding", "plastic injection moulding", "Manufacturing Manager", "production manager", "Production Supervisor", "Factory Manager", plastics, "senior production engineer"
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK