|Job Ref:||204761722||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
Position: Principal Design Engineer - Waste Recycling/MRF|
Salary: £38,000 plus 17.5% Bonus and Excellent Benefits
Our client manufactures green products and green energy using waste, waste water and wasted heat as a resource mine. They provide tailored solutions for industry or municipalities to help them save and preserve resources. They are working hard to create a future in which end-of-life resources are transformed into products that enrich our lives and can power our homes and industry. The circular economy already represents 20% of their turnover and they are constantly developing innovative ways to develop access to, preserve and replenish resources. To achieve this vision; they focus on creating a team with a diverse range of talent that operates in a safe, innovative and sustainable environment in order to promote the green economy and build new markets.
About the role:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for Principal Design Engineer to join their Technical Direction team. The main role for the potential candidate is to support the Engineering Manager in the design of new recycling and reprocessing facilities handling mainly plastics but also metals, paper and glass. The Principal Design Engineer will also be involved in trouble shooting and supporting the technical performance of the current operating plants. You will also be involved in supporting the development department to respond to large PFI tenders (including method statement writing, OPEX and CAPEX models) and also innovative recycling projects. Your principle responsibilities will be to:
* Assist in the design of new handling/sorting plants for plastics but also metals, paper and card and any other recyclable materials that may arise
* Provide technical assistance to Veolia's existing operations
* Support Veolia's development team in the submission to commercial and municipal bids
* Participate to the development of technical solutions to manufacture products from recyclates, mainly plastics.
* Advise and monitor performance during commissioning and operational phases for new sites/processes
* Monitor the performance of existing equipment & operations and contribute to the continuous improvement projects at existing sites.
* Keep up-to- date with latest technologies, R&D teams and BATs
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* Engineering degree with a specialisation/Master degree in process and/or manufacturing design essential
* Effective time planning and project management experience
* Good understanding of materials tolerances and qualities
* Hands on person with experience of on-site testing and research/development projects
* Able to travel to different UK plants and abroad (if required) to visit sites and suppliers
* Knowledge of the plastics recycling industry highly desirable
* Able to articulate a clear understanding of Environmental legislation, standards and guidance knowledge desirable
* Basic Financial modelling knowledge desirable
Keywords: Principal Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Mechanical, Process, Chemical Engineering, Waste to Energy, Energy from Waste, Waste Recycling, MRF, Materials Recovery Facility, Mechanical Biological Treatment, Energy Recovery