|Job Ref:||204761623||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Salary:||£25 - £30/hour||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a major Highways consultancy in the Hampshire area for a Senior Highways / Pavement Project Engineer to join the Pavements team on a long-term contract basis.|
To support the Pavement Team Leader in the project management, safety and technical accountability with all activities relating to the inspection, study, design and site supervision / co-ordination for the maintenance and construction of highway pavement on the Motorway/ trunk road network as delegated. To assist engineers to undertake pavement analysis and designs, produce technical reports and assist in identifying future roads renewals schemes including dealing with all activities relating to the collection and interpretation of pavement condition data across the highway network.
Previous experience using MX would be advantageous, not is not essential.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
* Investigation and diagnosis of road pavement problems and the assessment and design of treatment options.
* Scheme identification and development through use of Highways Agency Pavement Management System, assisting in identification, procurement and management of scheme specific surveys
* Preparation of reports, designs, drawings, specifications and contract documents.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members of the team
* Whole life costing
* Assisting with preparing technical documents and reports
* Dealing with project related correspondence
* Provide early warning of any likely impacts to project delivery to engineers and Team Leader
* Comply with the Integrated Management System
* Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
* Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
To find out more about this role, please contact Blayne Cahill on (Apply online only).
To apply for this role, candidate must be eligible to live and work in the UK