|Job Ref:||204758968||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Code:||HP11||Salary:||£40.00 - £45.00/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
Working within the Structural & Architectural Group undertaking the structural design of projects primarily in the Industrial, Water and Energy sectors. Working with groups of structural engineers, technicians and architects on a variety of projects to successful construction completion. |
- Undertake design of industrial structures including Energy (Biomass/EfW), Petrochemical and water industry related building structures.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare technical reports.
- Provide technical expertise in structural design to meet project needs.
- Undertake finite element structural analysis and design.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques.
- Reviewing the work of others and mentor less senior members of the team.
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following;
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- A Chartered or Incorporated Member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IStructE/ICE
- Experienced in Structural Engineering with a good level of practical design experience using Eurocodes
- Have recent practical experience of CSC Fastrak Building Designer or other similar analysis and design software.
- Water industry experience would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Experienced working with Contractors during design and construction phases