|Job Ref:||204758916||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£14.51/hour PAYE||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
Land Quality & GIS Operator - Location: Winfrith, Dorset - £14.51 p/h PAYE - 12 months |
* To provide technical support to the Land Quality Records Team using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and their LQ database system.
* This will include interaction with the on-site decommissioning teams to ensure recording of essential information.
* This post is based principally at the Winfrith site but the work involves providing GIS and LQ Records technical support to all sites.
* The work involves: o collation and data entry of routine and non-routine land quality information including maps, diagrams, photos, numerical data, technical reports etc
* Liaising with decommissioning teams to collect information to be recorded
* Entry of data into the land quality data management system o data analysis
* Routine mapping work using ESRI'S Arc GIS software
* Spatial interrogation and analysis using Arc GIS
* Quality assurance and consistency checks
* Assisting in production of land quality and groundwater reports
* Preparing presentations on land quality
Essential & Desirable Skills
* Good computer software skills including databases and spreadsheets.
* Good communication skills
* GIS qualification and demonstrable experience in application of GIS to land quality and environmental management
* Other academic qualifications - geology/environment /engineering background
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us