|Job Ref:||204758762||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
We are seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer who is passionate about Continuous Improvement (CI) and achieving operational excellence at our client, a small speciality production site within a global business operation.|
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Optimise operational performance with regard to process flows, capacity utilisation, efficiency, cost and waste.
- Deploy lean and agile techniques and established best practice to benchmark, evaluate and improve systems, processes, information flows and workplace organisation.
- Compliance within company safety policy
- Work with the SMT on progressing internal training and development plans
Reporting to the Factory Manager, the successful candidate would have:
In depth knowledge of operational best practice and lean manufacturing methodology
- Be educated to min HNC, ideally Degree level in a management engineering or technical discipline.
- Sound technical understanding, ideally of both mechanical and chemical processes
- Ideally be Six Sigma black belt
- Have experience training / coaching others and writing training plans
- Have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management skills
- High level of IT competence
In return you can expect to join a progressive business, with this site tripling in growth over 5 years and continued growth planned due to the global demand. The site is a flagship site within the group and has world class manufacturing facility and processes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those wanting to lead the way in CI, work with a committed team and implement their own ideas and working practices with passion and enthusiasm.
Contact Kate at Cubed for more details (Apply online only) or apply through the site