|Job Ref:||204758729||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Dagenham||Address:||Post Code:||RM9||Salary:||£25000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
Instrumentation / Electronics Development Engineer job. Hands on development experience of electronic equipment, ideally involved in design and manufacture of opto-electronic devices or similar instrumentation devices. The job is to develop several types of readout devices based on laser induced luminescence producing accurate temperature detection, corrosion and erosion monitoring and life-time predictions which assist in lowering fuel costs and maintain material integrity. Our client operates in various sectors including the power generation industry, aero engines, automotive and machinery operating in extreme environments.|
To undertake the following responsibilities:
• Opportunity to join an industry leader of sensor technology based on luminescence materials for engineering applications in demanding environments.
• A highly innovative and creative, but challenging working environment in which your role and responsibilities will develop as the company expands.
• Friendly, open and supportive company culture.
• Opportunity to travel internationally, across Europe / USA, and support a variety of exciting customers.
• Competitive Salary £25,000 and £40,000 subject to qualifications and experience. Could suit an enthusiastic Graduate.
The job will involve:
• Develop several types of readout devices based on laser induced luminescence producing accurate temperature detection, corrosion and erosion monitoring and life-time predictions which assist in lowering fuel costs and maintain material integrity in various sectors including the power generation industry, aero engines, automotive and machinery operating in extreme environments.
• Hands on development and maintenance of opto-electronic equipment. An understanding of optical design will be required in order to help develop the devices further. Ray tracing experience would be an advantage but not essential.
• Lead the development process towards industrial needs and specifications and certifications.
• Some oversea travel will be involved.
This job will suit:
• Good level Electrical / Electronic Degree or higher
• Experience of electronic instrumentation and optical design.
• 2D & 3D CAD skills.
• Handling and integration of electronic components such as relays, microprocessors and use of opto-electronic devices.
• Programming knowledge would be an advantage, e.g with Labview or Python.
This job is commutable from Dagenham, Romford, London, Dartford, Brentford