|Job Ref:||204758642||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£40000 - £55000/annum plus Car/ Car Allowance||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
My client, Civil & Structural Consulting Engineers are seeking a Senior Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer to work in their Birmingham Office. |
The ideal Senior Civil Infrastructure Design Engineer will have a background in delivering Highways Design, Drainage Strategies, as well as the production and co-ordination of foul and surface water drainage design, river restoration/design and other civil engineering works to help strengthen the Civils design team within the Birmingham Office.
This exciting Civils / Infrastructure opportunity will involve working with a friendly Team of specialist Design Engineers to complete varied civils design projects for Private Sector Clients, Housing Developments and Local Authorities. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to help develop a strategically important area and the successful person will be key in building the business.
Currently my client is delivering a large number of housing developments, commercial developments (offices, warehouses, distribution centres etc.), and Highway works schemes (S104, S38 & S278) throughout the UK.
Ideally we are looking for candidates with a strong background in housing and commercial infrastructure design, with an understanding of the technical aspects of the industry. The candidate should have strong organisational and communication skills, and take a practical approach to problem solving. They should have at least five years' post-graduate experience in a relevant position. Chartered status or working towards Chartered status (ICE) would be an advantage.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Production and delivery detailed infrastructure design for both
residential and commercial projects.
• Production and co-ordination of foul and surface water drainage
• Managing of multiple projects in terms of workload, resources and
• Delivering own projects whilst assisting others members of the team.
• Develop new client relationships and assist with marketing of the office.
• Sharing knowledge across the organisation
• Mentor junior members of staff.
• Attend recommended training courses to assist with personal
development as required by the company.
• Comply with company Health and Safety standards at all times
• Other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the position.
• Ability to use software packages including AutoCAD, Civils 3D & Micro
• Person Specification:
• BEng in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering in the Built Environment or
• Experience in the design and analysis of storm and foul water sewerage
• Preparation of hydraulic models for analysis using Micro Drainage
• Designing of residential, commercial and industrial roads using Civils
• Preparation of S104, S106, S38 and S278 agreements
• Ground modelling (Cut & fill) using Civils 3D
• Preparation of Contract documentation and drawings using AutoCAD
• Experience of in the preparation and delivery of Flood Risk Assessments
within National Planning Policy Framework
• Experience of dealing with external companies such as Environment
Agency and Utility companies.
• Experience in designing SUDS features in accordance with the CIRIA
• Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with good report writing
• The ability to adapt communication style to suit different
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both
internally and externally.
• A proven 'self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong
desire to succeed.
• Commercially astute with strong and effective influencing and
• Reliable and trustworthy; acts with consistency and integrity at all times.
• High degree of self-organisation.
• Flair for solving problems
• Experience of completion of Code for Sustainable Homes using SUR1
and SUR2 submissions
• Designing of highway drainage (DMRB)