|Job Ref:||204758255||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Flitwick||Address:||Post Code:||MK45||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Pension + 22 Days hol rising to 25||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Days only)
£30,000 - £35,000 + Pension
A British designer and manufacturer of food packaging products, established 80 years ago and has since gained an international reputation as a leader in innovative food packaging solutions are actively seeking a Mechanical biased Maintenance Engineer. There is occasional callout required, for which there will be a callout payment made, although this is on a adhoc basis (only 3 times in 2016).
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - The Role
Reporting to the Chief Works Engineer, the key objective of this role is to undertake planned preventative maintenance activities and reactive maintenance. to ensure processing systems and factory practices to ensure agreed standards of quality and food safety are achieved and improved upon and in addition to take a lead in generating and building a quality culture.
• Provide an efficient breakdown repair service to all equipment and services within the factory.
• The ability to carry out basic electrical fault diagnosis and repairs.
• Work in conjunction with the Chief Works Engineer to facilitate large or major repairs to plant and equipment.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a planned maintenance programme in consultation with the Chief Works Engineer.
• Assist and direct external contractors with regard to specialist work or installations as required.
• Advise senior management on Health and Safety issues or concerns.
• Work in a safe and fully compliant manner.
• Effect fast and efficient electrical repairs to all the machinery, plant and equipment.
• Arrange contractors for specialist work in consultation with the Chief Works Engineer/Technical Manager - Operations.
• Being available to carry out electrical repairs in a safe and competent manner.
• Participate in the technical aspects of capital investment decisions as and when required.
• Ensure the Chief Works Engineer is kept fully informed and up to date.
• Purchase sundries through the Chief Works Engineer having regard to overall stock levels.
• Purchase machine parts and services in liaison with the Chief Works Engineer and within the appropriate overall budget.
• Be aware of the various maintenance budgets and help to ensure that expenditure does not exceed budget.
• Demonstrate the effectiveness of planned maintenance through reducing numbers of breakdowns.
• Problem-free equipment installations.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - The Person
• Must have a strong process manufacturing background
• Maintenance engineering
• Fault finding - reactive and preventative - to high volume packaging machinery
• Solid foundation in a similar environment
• Flexibility and a positive "can do" attitude.
• Demonstrate the ability to work as an effective hands-on team member.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Salary & Benefits
£30,000 - 35,000 basic + O/T Mon - Fri 9am - 5.15pm
22 Days holiday rising to 25 plus statutory holidays
If you have got the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this Mechanical Maintenance Engineer position then forward your CV in the strictest of confidence by applying now. Or alternatively call Scott Davies for further information