|Job Ref:||204758073||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
Our client is a leading manufacturer based in Washington, Tyne & Wear. Due to continued expansion they are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their existing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for new product introduction and driving lean initiatives across the business.|
It is essential that you have strong hydraulics experience for this role.
- Manage new product introduction.
- Provide support for design by working with suppliers and being involved throughout the prototype building and testing stages.
- Provide engineering advice to all departments in the business.
- Auditing & guidance of new and existing suppliers with regards to quality & cost reduction improvements, dual sourcing and problem solving.
- Root cause analysis of problems with corrective action.
- Working with & developing KPI's and measures of performance.
- Comprehensive understanding of waste elimination techniques.
- Promote a safe working environment using 5S principles.
- HND in Mechanical Engineering / Process Engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience in Engineering planning, Project Engineering, Continuous improvement & lean.
- AutoCAD skills highly advantageous.
- Experience of MRP systems.
- Analytical in approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills including access, powerpoint & other specialist packages.
- Undertake multiple projects but remain focussed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Automotive / FMCG background.
- Up to £40,000 Salary.
- Monday - Thursday 8am - 4.15pm & Friday 8am - 1.30pm.
- 25 days plus 8 bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
Contact Dan Symington OR Emma Saxton at CDM Recruitment