|Job Ref:||204757991||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Twickenham||Address:||Post Code:||TW1||Salary:||£32000 - £38000/annum £neg. DOE + Benefits||Post Date:||08/10/2016 04:15|
We are a leading aerospace engineering company specialising in the design and manufacture of aircraft parts and systems. Due to continued growth we have an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our dynamic and motivated team. |
The Manufacturing Engineer will work across operations, supply chain and design engineering to provide manufacturing engineering expertise in supporting existing and new products, defining new and support existing processes. Have the capability of positively representing the company to customers and suppliers in a technical capacity.
* Working with manufacturing cell leaders, lean co-ordinator and design engineering to improve process efficiencies
* Implement lean manufacturing methods (e.g. 1-piece flow lines, visual factory) to reduce throughput times, rework/scrap and work in progress; apply (statistical tools and methodologies) where applicable
* Initiate and/or lead improvement projects and CAPEX to enable new process and product introductions.
* Generate and maintain routing/BOM/SOP documentation and "Visual Factory" displays
* Coordinate process tooling design and manufacture
* Take ownership of product and parts obsolescence
* Work with Engineering on product documentation modifications and parts obsolescence
* Provide day-to-day manufacturing engineering support for the production cells to enable customer schedule adherence (Fracas/concessions, change notes or MRB (material review board)
* Leading (suggest changes to and support engineering) and working to ensure the most cost effective manufacturing process flows are defined when introducing new products into operations.
* Pull new products and modified processes into manufacturing/operations
* Mentor for engineers using existing and new manufacturing process.
* Develop key performance indicators (KPI) for new product introduction and existing manufacturing resource.
* Lead and work in teams to develop process FMEA, in their construction and implementation.
* Project co-ordinator and serve as senior link between design, project management and operations.
* Project manage new product introductions and the manufacture of legacy products from release to production through the product life cycle.
* Mentor for cell leaders for improved methods of manufacturing assembly and test.
* Champion and raise engineering reports (verification & introduction) on potential new process introduction.
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003